Be prepared for another very warm morning, and hot afternoon across Northern California today. Make sure to dress in light colored and fabric clothing to help beat the heat. Stay hydrated, and grab those sunglasses before you head out the door this morning. Skies are mostly clear this morning, and will stay sunny to mostly sunny through your Friday. Temperatures have dipped into the high 50's to mid 60's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the high 30's to low 50's this morning. Winds are starting out light, but will be up to 10mph out of the North this afternoon. High temperatures are expected to end up a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday, but will still be 10 to 15 degrees above average this afternoon. Valley areas are projected to end up in the mid to high 80's, and mountain areas will climb into the mid 70's to mid 80's this afternoon.
We'll be staying dry and very warm through your weekend. Most valley areas will end up in the mid to high 80's for both Saturday and Sunday. There is a very slight chance for some showers and thunderstorms popping up in the Sierra on Sunday afternoon, but the latest models have backed off on that threat. Looks like we can expect the well above averaget temperatures to continue into at least early next week. We're still projected to be in the low to mid 80's in the valley on Monday, but some cooling is in the forecast after that. Valley areas will likely top out in the mid 70's on Tuesday. There will be a decent chance for some showers in the Sierra on Tuesday, but that's still a little far out to be certain. Temperatures will stay in the mid 70's in the valley through the middle of next week. I hope everyone stays safe and hydrated with the heat continuing through your weekend.
- Staying toasty this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & toasty this weekend
- Storm tracker forecast: Getting toasty for your Tuesday
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Staying very pleasant through your Easter Weekend!
- Staying warm & dry through your weekend
- 'Black Panther' stays strong with $108M in second weekend
- Staying mild today, but severe heat returns this weekend
- Staying dry and getting hotter for your weekend
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend