Sunny skies and slightly warmer temperatures are on the way for your Thursday, but smoke from fires to our South will continue to impact air quality across Northern California today. Skies are mostly clear for the start of your Thursday morning, and temperatures are a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday morning. Valley areas are starting out in the mid 50's to low 60's this morning, and mountain areas have dipped into the low 40's to low 50's overnight. Winds are starting out of the East to around 5mph, but will shift to become out of the South to 10mph for most of the day. Humidity will end up in the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon, which is a drop from what we had yesterday. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low 90's in the valley, and into the 70's to 80's in the mountains. The low humidity and warm temperatures will result in moderate to high fire danger this afternoon.
A substantial warming trend is on the way for the next several days. Valley areas will end up back in the low to mid 90's on Friday afternoon while most mountain areas climb into the high 70's to mid 80's. Clouds are expected to increase from the South through the day on Friday, and there will be a slight chance for some light showers. The best chance for wet weather on Friday will be in the Sierra, with only a slight chance for wet weather in other areas. Showers taper off Friday night, and clearing skies are on the way for your weekend. Temperatures will climb into the high 90's to low triple digits in the valley on Saturday afternoon. The entire valley is then expected to climb into the 100 to 105 degree range on Sunday.
Triple digit heat will continue as we head into next week. Valley areas are projected to end up in the 102 to 107 degree range on Monday. Sunny skies and triple digit heat will persist through Wednesday, but some cooling will be possible towards the end of next week. Models are hinting at the potential for wet weather returning for the end of next week.
- Staying mild today, but severe heat returns this weekend
- Pleasant today, but severe heat returns for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Slightly cooler today, but severe heat returns late this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying mild Friday but warmer this weekend
- Severe heat prompts a Heat Advisory across Northern California today
- Mild today, but big changes are ahead for your weekend
- Severe winter weather returns for your weekend