Thursday will be comfortable across Northern California, as the peak of the cooling trend settles into the region today. Temperatures have dipped into the 50's to 60's in the valley and foothills overnight, and into the 40's to 50's in mountain areas this morning. Skies will be mostly clear, but a few clouds will brush across the our area this afternoon. Winds are out of the Southeast to 10mph this morning and will be out of the South to 10mph for the better part of the day. Humidity will likely stay above 30 percent again this afternoon, which is good news for fire danger. High temperatures are projected to climb into the 82 to 88 degree range in the valley today and into the 70's to 80's in the mountains. There is a slight chance for some light precipitation sagging past the Oregon border into far Northern California tonight, but that does not look very likely at this time.
The system that brought the cooling trend into our region for the middle of the week will be moving off to our East tomorrow morning, and that will result in a substantial warming trend ahead for your Labor Day Weekend. Valley areas will climb back into the high 80's to low 90's on Friday afternoon, and will continue to climb this weekend. Valley areas are currently projected to range from around 92 to 98 degrees from Saturday through Monday. Temperatures on Labor Day will more than likely be in the 93 to 98 degree range through the valley. A modest cooling trend is expected to return towards the middle of next week, and that should keep temperatures back to around or below average for this time of year. Dry weather will also persist through your extended forecast.
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- Staying mild today, but severe heat returns this weekend
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Getting cooler today, but warming up for Labor Day Weekend
- Staying cool today but fire danger is on the rise
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Drying out but staying cool today
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- The cooling trend continues today