BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - People in the Camp Fire burn scar area are warned not to use surface water.
State officials say the most recent testing of heavy storm runoff found excessive amounts of bacteria and chemical elements, such as iron and aluminum.
The level of pollutants was lower than expected but still unsafe.
Officials add if residents have a shallow well in the Butte Creek Area to get the water tested.
- Debris removal resumes in Camp Fire burn scar
- Flash flood watch in effect for Camp Fire burn scar
- Trees cause hazards in Camp Fire burn scar
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Issues Flash Flood Watch for Camp Fire Burn Scar
- National Weather Service issues flash flood watch for Carr, Hirz, Delta burn scar
- Samaritan's Purse Volunteers Search Through Homes Burned in Camp Fire
- Flash Flood Watch for Area Burned by Camp Fire