REDDING, Calif. - Students at Shasta College in Redding will soon have more choices when looking to get their caffeine fix, that's because a new Starbucks will be coming to campus next semester.
Coffee and studying go hand in hand, so this new Starbucks should be a perfect fit, but there is a small price to pay.
The Shasta College Board of Supervisors approved a 10-year licensing agreement to bring the coffee giant to campus.
The Starbucks will occupy the space at the entrance of the library which is currently home to "The Lance," the student-run newspaper, and journalism club.
Despite having to relocate, the newspaper's advisor says he thinks students will be pleased with the tradeoff.
“Obviously Starbucks is a well-known name. I think that students are very excited to have their choice of either Starbucks or going over to the student center and there,” said Peter Griggs.
Griggs says “The Lance” is slated to move over to the 2100 building on campus where there are currently some empty classrooms.
He says they've only been at their current location for the last three years, and this isn't the first time they've had to move.
Griggs says construction is expected to begin sometime in the fall and the store should be open shortly after.
- Starbucks Coming to the Shasta College Campus
- Shasta College gains seven-year accreditation
- Salvation Army Feeds Evacuees at Shasta College
- Shasta College adds new fire training structures
- Starbucks Reopens in Paradise
- Butte College Campus Closed due to Power Outage
- Shasta College offers free tuition for Fall 2018
- Hope Truck at Shasta College Provides Medical Treatment for Evacuees
- Fill the boot event comes to the Shasta Mall
- Shasta County weather watch