Photo Gallery 1 Images
Shasta County, Calif.—It is Shasta Bike Month and Shasta County is gearing up with a huge bicycling event.
The annual Kick-Off Celebration for the Shasta Bike Challenge is Friday April 20th from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Caldwell Bike Park.
The event will feature live music, professional BMX show, outdoor bike movie, food trucks, drinks, local vendors, bike mechanics, test rides on electric bikes, advice on bike routes, social bike ride with Redding Mayor Kristen Schreder, and so much more.
The event will have everything you need to get ready for riding during bike month.
Teams registered for the Shasta Bike Challenge can pick up swag and Team Kits.
If you have not already registered for the Shasta Bike Challenge that runs May 1st through May 31st.
Each day participants ride a bike, they are entered into a free drawing for local prizes.
Workplace and school based teams compete for prizes and recognition.
Bicycling can be for transportation or recreation, on streets or trails, to participate in this free Challenge. Participants may sign up as individuals or as part of a workplace, school, or team.
Here are some of the scheduled activities you can enjoy at the Spring Spin:
• Local Vendor Booths: 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
• Ride with the Mayor: 5:00 p.m.
• BMX Bike Show: 6:00 p.m.
• Bike-In Movie: 8:00 p.m.
For more details about other great events for Shasta Bike Month visit their website.
- Spring Spin Celebration for Shasta Bike Month
- Shasta County Celebrates Bike to School Day
- Shasta Bike Challenge Sparks Concerns Over Bike Paths
- Shasta County Elder Abuse Prevention Month Events
- Shasta County Cannabis Connoisseurs Celebrate "420"
- Shasta County Celebrates Indigenous History and Culture
- Science behind the Olympic figure spinning
- Old Time Holiday Celebration Held in Old Shasta Saturday
- Shasta Regional Medical Center celebrates national nursing week
- Justin's Bike Fund giving away bikes this season