LAKE OROVILLE, Calif. - Kids with special needs came together in Lake Oroville on Saturday to learn to angle with some of the best.
CAL FIRE shared these photos of the Lake Oroville C.A.S.T. event.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR), the California State Parks, CAL FIRE and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife were all partners in what has become a popular and fun annual event.
The organizations gave out fishing rods, reels, tee-shirts and tackle boxes to the forty kids who showed up to the event.
The children learned about boating and water safety, plus learned about the importance of preserving California's natural resources.
- Special needs kids C.A.S.T. fishing lines in Lake Oroville
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- Lake Oroville houseboats stuck ashore
- Lake Oroville Spillways Construction Update
- Oroville City Council Holds Special Meeting
- Warmer Weather Attracts Many to Lake Oroville
- Lake Oroville Still a Major Holiday Destination
- Roseville Man Found Dead at Lake Oroville
- Low Water Levels at Lake Oroville