YUBA-SUTTER COUNTIES, Calif. - Southbound lanes of Highway 99 have reopened after a major crash on Highway 99 that killed two individuals and seriously injured two individuals.
At around 12:22 p.m. a driver in a Cadillac was traveling west on Highway 99 approaching an intersection with Powerline Road. A driver in a Ford F-350 was traveling southbound on Highway 99 approaching the intersection of Powerline Road as well.
After stopping, the driver of the Cadillac drove into the intersection and collided with the Ford F-350. The Cadillac began to roll over toward the southbound lanes and collided with a Toyota Tacoma.
Southbound lanes were closed at the scene and the southbound route was closed at the Highway 70 junction.
Update: Southbound lanes are closed on Highway 99 near Powerline in Sutter County due to a multi-vehicle crash. The southbound route is closed at the Highway 70 junction. A sweeper is en route. No ETO. #TrafficAlert
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) December 14, 2018
The unidentified female driver in the Cadillac was transported to Rideout Memorial Hospital in Marysville where she was pronounced deceased upon arrival. The unidentified male passenger was pronounced deceased at the scene of the collision.
The driver of the Ford F-350, later identified as Troy Stotka, of Nicolaus, received minor injuries and declined medical treatment.
The driver of the Toyota Tacoma, Brandon Kolb, 30, of Citrus Heights, and passenger, Logan Hiebert, 21, of Citrus Heights, both sustained major injuries and were transported to UC Davis for further treatment.
All southbound lanes of Highway 99 were closed for approximately two hours. The lanes were reopened around 2:50 p.m. on Friday.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Two Dead After Multi-Vehicle Crash on Highway 99
- One Dead on Highway 99 near Gridley Cemetery After Multi-Car Crash
- Single vehicle crash causes backup on Highway 99
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Man dead after DUI crash on Highway 99
- One Dead, One Injured in Highway 99 Crash
- Traffic flowing again after Highway 99 crash
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 99 Crash
- Rollover Crash Causes Delays on Highway 99