REDDING, Calif - It's been nearly two months since South City Park in Redding was closed off with a temporary fence.
Now, organizers are hoping to discuss with the public the park's current condition.
In December, Action News Now spoke with residents who said the problems of the park weren't fixed but had just moved right outside the fence.
While some were critical of the park, community groups like the Colt 45s and Sons of Italy have been using the newly cleaned park to play Bocce Ball and other sports.
Organizers say this is a step in the right direction.
If you are concerned with the condition of the park or agree it's much safer you can voice your opinion at the community meeting being held Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 5:30 p.m. in the community room at Redding's City Hall.
- South City Park Community Meeting
- Oroville Camp Fire Community Meetings
- Camp Fire: Upcoming Community Meetings
- Oroville City Council Meeting moved
- City Crackdown on Bedrock Park
- Camp Fire Community Meeting Thursday Night
- Community Meeting Held for Magalia Residents
- Plan calls for fencing of South City Park to deter camping
- Redding looks to public for ideas to revitalize South City Park
- Community Members Weigh in on FEMA Aid at Chico City Council Meeting