BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - When it comes to viral animal images, the Butte County Sheriff has launched some competition with Chico Police.
It's not unusual for law enforcement officers to encounter wildlife from time to time, but this encounter in Butte County was very unusual.
On Tuesday evening, A deputy conducted a traffic stop and was surprised when she found a live deer in the vehicle. The Deer's name was 'Elaine.'
The deputy contacted the Department of Fish and Wildlife, as a reminder, having a wild animal as a pet is illegal.
- Social media battle, Butte County Sheriff challenge Chico Police
- Redding boy issues social media challenge to help honor veterans
- Butte County Sheriff Holds Media Briefing for Camp Fire
- Redding Police clarify social media threat not about Shasta schools
- Report: Social media surveillance unfairly targeted Muslims
- Chico Police: Butte County Multi-Overdose Cases Not Related
- Watch Butte County's Finest Performing the Lip Sync Challenge
- Butte County CAL FIRE Battling Palermo Trailer Fire
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire