REDDING, Calif. - A car that caught fire in Redding Sunday afternoon shot smoke hundreds of feet in the air that could be seen all around the city.
The fire was contained too just two cars in the parking lot of Logan's Roadhouse on Hilltop Drive.
The cause of the car fire is still under investigation but fire crews told Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph with that it could have been started by an electrical malfunction in the car.
City fire crews responded quickly and had the incident under control in minutes, said Joseph.
Redding Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Sawyer said, "While we were in route to the fire we noticed the column was dark and building so maybe a structure was involved. That wasn't the case and only these two vehicles were involved," he added.
No injuries were reported.
- Smoke Seen All Over Redding From Car Fire on Hilltop
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2 Acre Fire Near Hilltop Drive
- Redding Police Investigating Major Injury Crash on Hilltop Drive
- Hilltop Drive and Interstate 5 Experience Heavy Traffic After 5 Acre Fire
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Smoke From Camp Fire Hits East Coast
- Redding Warehouse Fire
- Car crashes into house in Redding
- Car crashes into home in Redding
- Redding child car seat check-up event