REDDING, Calif. - A car that caught fire in Redding Sunday afternoon shot smoke hundreds of feet in the air that could be seen all around the city.
The fire was contained too just two cars in the parking lot of Logan's Roadhouse on Hilltop Drive.
The cause of the car fire is still under investigation but fire crews told Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph with that it could have been started by an electrical malfunction in the car.
City fire crews responded quickly and had the incident under control in minutes, said Joseph.
Redding Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Sawyer said, "While we were in route to the fire we noticed the column was dark and building so maybe a structure was involved. That wasn't the case and only these two vehicles were involved," he added.
No injuries were reported.
- Smoke Seen All Over Redding From Car Fire on Hilltop
- Hilltop drive exit construction
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2 Acre Fire Near Hilltop Drive
- Redding Police Investigating Major Injury Crash on Hilltop Drive
- CHP: Multiple crashes on Hilltop Drive Offramp
- Wildfire burns near Hilltop Homes in Los Angeles
- Plume of smoke from truck fire seen across Redding
- Hilltop Drive and Interstate 5 Experience Heavy Traffic After 5 Acre Fire
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Coroner's office identifies man killed on I-5 near Hilltop Drive overpass