MARYSVILLE, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol said a woman from Smartville was killed in a two-car head-on crash Thursday night on State Route 20 in Marysville.
According to CHP, at about 11 p.m., a person speed driving a 2013 Honda was eastbound on State Route 20 east of Walnut Avenue when they entered the opposing lanes and began passing traffic against solid double yellow lines.
For unknown reasons the Honda failed to merge back into the eastbound lane and hit head-on with a Yuba City resident driving a 1999 Dodge.
The crash killed the Honda driver and left the teenager driving the Dodge with moderate injuries.
The surviving driver was sent to Rideout Hospital for medical treatment.
Drugs or alcohol are not believed to be factors in the crash.
The crash closed State Route 20 for nearly two hours and traffic was detoured around the scene.
The name of the deceased woman has not been released by authorities.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Smartville resident killed in head-on crash at Marysville
- Fatal Head-On Crash North of Marysville
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- Funnel cloud in Marysville
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'
- Missing Marysville Woman Found After 10 Days
- City of Marysville Announces New Fire Chief