UPDATE 1:35 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018 - According to Cal Fire, the crash occurred around 9:36 a.m. on Tuesday in Cottonwood.
The plane did not hit the power lines, although that was initially a concern.
A single pilot was transported by ambulance to a medical facility. He is alert and conscious. The plane was heavily damaged.
Officials with Cal Fire believe that the Cessna plane was most likely flying from the south near the Bay Area and attempting to land at Lake California Airport.
COTTONWOOD, Calif. - A small plane made a crash landing in Cottonwood on Monday.
The plane landed near Lake California Air Park close to a row of power lines.
Viewer Mikayla Jennings sent in a photo of the crash scene.
Action News Now is working to learn more about the identity and condition of the pilot.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Small Plane Makes Crash Landing in Cottonwood
- Small plane makes emergency landing on busy Southern California freeway
- Pilot makes emergency landing in field south of Cottonwood
- Small Plane Crash in Plumas County
- Small Plane Crashes into American River
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood Teen Dies Following Deadly Crash
- Early Morning Fatal D.U.I. Crash in Cottonwood
- Small plane crash leaves three injured in Siskiyou Co.