We have some welcome news ahead for those of you heading out to the polls today. The heat continues across Northern California, but it will be a few degrees cooler than yesterday. A few more clouds will track across our region, but skies are expected to stay mostly sunny this afternoon. Temperatures have become slightly cooler for the start of your Tuesday. Valley areas have dipped into the high 50's to low 60's overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 30's to 40's this morning. Winds are out of multiple directions for the start of your Tuesday, but South winds to 10mph are expected for the majority of our region this afternoon. Temperatures are projected to top out in the high 80's to low 90's in the valley later today, and mountain areas are projected to end up in the mid 70's to low 80's.
A modest but welcome cooling trend is on the way for the next few afternoons. Valley areas are projected to start out in the low 60's, and end up in the mid to high 80's on Wednesday and Thursday. There will be a very slight chance for a stray shower or two popping up in Siskiyou County on Wednesday evening, but the majority of Northern California will stay dry this week. Temperatures will rebound back into the low to mid 90's on Friday, but another dip in temperatures is ahead for your weekend.
Some clouds will return for your Saturday forecast, and there will be a chance for showers in the Northern Mountains. Temperatures will end up several degrees cooler on Saturday afternoon, with most of the valley topping out in the low to mid 80's. Skies will clear out on Sunday, and temperatures will climb back into the high 80's in lower elevations. Another jump in temperatures is expected for the start of next week, with mid 90's projected for the valley on Monday.
- Slightly cooler and partly cloudy today
- Getting cooler with cloudy skies today
- Cloudy, Cooler for Sunday
- Slightly cooler today, but severe heat returns late this week
- Slightly warmer but staying comfortable today
- Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Cloudy with a chance for showers today
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Seasonally Warm Today, Cooler Weekend Ahead
- Slightly cooler temperatures & elevated fire danger are ahead for Northern California