CHICO, Calif. - California Highway Patrol has reopened a part of Skyway following a fatal crash that occurred on the morning of Sept. 20.
CHP says that a 54-year-old man was driving westbound on the Skyway when he began swerving back and forth before hitting a tree on the right-hand side of the road.
The crash happened around 9 a.m. on Sept. 20 and the westbound lane was closed for an hour following the crash.
CHP does not suspect that alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash, although they say that the driver may have had a medical emergency.
The identity of the man has not been released yet.
- Skyway Reopens After Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Rollover crash on Skyway leads to one mans death
- 2 car crash leaves 1 dead near Skyway
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- Delays Expected on Skyway for Guardrail Replacement
- Improvements to Skyway and Clark Intersection
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Trash is a growing problem on the Skyway
- Skyway Spot Fires, Burning Suspended for 2 Days
- Man Dies After Car Hits Median on Skyway