Where's Tony Hawk? The answer, very briefly today, was CHICO!
The world's most famous skateboarder made an "under the radar" appearance at the Humboldt Skate Park on Humboldt Avenue.
According to some skaters, he skated for about an hour and posted a picture of him doing a trick on Instagram.
Some fans were lucky enough to see him and snap some pictures, while others arrived too late. Action News Now's Ross Field spoke with them.
"I think it's pretty cool that a famous guy like Tony Hawk came out to a small city like Chico," said Daniel Garner.
"When I was a kid, Tony Hawk was just the man. He had the video game, he had his own clothing company, and he did the 900 in the X Games which nobody had ever done before," said Brian Garner.
"I think it was pretty cool he posted it on his Instagram, he has at least one million followers. It's pretty cool that he was able to come down to Chico and check out the new park," said Carter Perry.
The skate park is under construction. It is rumored that the "Tony Hawk Foundation" has been in contact with a local group called "Fix The Skatepark" to offer a grant to help with the remodel. Some fans said Hawk was also interested in the size of the big bowl inside the park and that he wanted to use a similar model for other parks in the country.
- Skateboarding star Tony Hawk visits Chico
- Pro skateboarder Tony Hawk skates through Chico
- Amy Gutierrez visits school in chico
- Skateboarder may have been drinking before being hit by car in Magalia
- Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76
- Hundreds remember life of Stephen Hawking at Cambridge funeral
- Chico City Council Candidate Set to Visit Boulder, CO.
- Chico siblings to star on NBC's 'Little Big Shots'
- Military Moms Start Blue Star Group in Chico
- President Trump visits Camp Fire