Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office detectives have arrested a Klamath River man for the murder of his son arising from a shooting incident reported to the department on Monday evening February 12th.
Monday night Siskiyou County Sheriff’s received a call from a man reporting he was involved in a shooting about 30 miles west of Yreka in a small community of Klamath River.
Deputies responded and located the man at the scene with an apparent gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect, was the father of the victim Mr. Stanley Mortensen 76 years old. He was contacted at the scene.
The Siskiyou County District Attorney’s office helped with the preliminary investigation and findings.
Mortensen was subsequently arrested for murder.
He was transported to the Siskiyou County Jail and booked on a murder charge.
He is awaiting arraignment in the Siskiyou County Superior Court.
The victim was identified as Mr. Henry Lee Mortensen, 40 years old from Klamath River.
According to the Sheriff this was a tragic accident and they have a lot to do to work on this case.
- Siskiyou County man arrested for murder of son
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges
- Man Arrested for Trying to Hijack Siskiyou County Train
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Two Men Arrested in Armed Siskiyou County Home Invasion
- Siskiyou County deputies arrest suspect with BB gun, 'crackpipe'
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges After Alleged Shooting Incident in Siskiyou County
- Police Find Body of Missing 'At Risk' Siskiyou County Man
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigating Death of Missing Man
- Search underway for missing man in Siskiyou County