KLAMATH RIVER, Calif. - The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office is searching for the suspect in a homicide in Klamath River.
The Sheriff's Office says someone found the body of Spencer Richard Hodgson, 31, in a ravine near the Klamath River and Yreka Walker Road, along Highway 96 at around 9 a.m. Monday. An autopsy revealed the cause of death was gunshot wounds.
Deputies say Hodgson lived at a home in the Klamath River area and had previous ties in the Santa Cruz area. Authorities are now searching for Hodgson's vehicle, which has been reported stolen. The vehicle is a white, 2010 Toyota Tundra pick-up, with a California license plate number of 8S04739. There may be a broken right-rear window with orange plastic covering on the vehicle. There may be another broken window on the vehicle as well. Authorities are asking that you call your local law enforcement agency by dialing 9-1-1 if you spot the vehicle.
The Sheriff's Office says, though the case is a homicide, there is no reason for the public to worry. They recommend the Klamath River community keep their homes and vehicles locked, and call the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office if there are any suspicious people in the area.
Sheriff Jon Lopey: "On behalf of the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office, I would like to offer our condolences and prayers to Mr. Hodgson, his family, friends, and associates in the aftermath of his tragic death. This case is still under investigation and anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact the SCSO's 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900."
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Siskiyou Sheriff Calls Suspicious Death a Homicide
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- Roseville identity theft manhunt
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigating Death of Missing Man
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death near Yreka
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating infant death at campground
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in Siskiyou County
- Manhunt underway for Shasta County shooting suspect