SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - Since May, The Siskiyou Interagency Marijuana Investigation Team (SIMIT) has seized nearly 33,000 illegal marijuana plants during the serving of search of warrants.
Two operations were done on August 21 and August 28 where 2,202 plants were seized.
The August 21 operation in the Grenada area is where Officials seized plants and a stolen firearm.
During the August 28 raid in the Butte Valley area, Officials found that some of the marijuana was already packaged and ready for sale.
The May, June, July and August operations resulted in 32,788 illegal marijuana plants being seized. Black-market value on the Eastern US scale would place the price of the plants anywhere between $196.7 million to $295.0 million.
In Siskiyou County, growers are prohibited all outdoor growing in county areas and are limited to 12-plants for medical marijuana in an approved structure and six-plants for recreational in a residence or approved enclosed structure.
In a press release from the Office, Sheriff Jon Lopey said the following:
"This counter-drug operation, which resulted in the seizure of 1,766 illicit marijuana plants this week and 436 illegal plants last week combined with the 100 pounds of processed, marijuana, some of which was packaged for transportation and sale in three-pound bags, was a significant accomplishment for the two separate counter-drug operations. Several firearms have also been seized in recent weeks. The 32,788 illegal plants and 1,783 pounds of processed marijuana, which, year-to-date, comprise a multi-million dollar illegal drug trafficking total, exclusively on private property parcels, again clearly substantiate the intent of illegal drug producers to deliberately violate state and federal laws and county ordinance provisions."
Sheriff Lopey also thanked all of the agencies which helped search the properties where warrants were served.
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office seize nearly 33,000 illegal marijuana plants
- $13 million worth of marijuana plants seized in Siskiyou Co.
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office seizes 630 pounds of marijuana
- Butte County Sheriff's Office eradicate 5,475 marijuana plants
- Oroville Police Seize Illegal Weapons
- Yuba County authorities seize 2,400 pot plants
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigating Death of Missing Man
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death near Yreka
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating infant death at campground