SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif.- The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office says that they have identified remains found in the Shasta Forest Subdivision area as a missing man.
The remains were found on Sunday, Dec.16 at about 10:05 a.m. They have been have positively been identified as a missing man, 68-year-old Dennis Delmar Jewett, from a Mt. Shasta Forest, a rural community located east of McCloud.
Jewett was reported missing by a neighbor on Dec.12, 2018. According to the Sheriff's Office, Jewett was last seen on Dec. 3, and evidence discovered at the scene indicated he was likely missing from the home one to three days after that date.
His home was found to be unsecured, but according to the Sheriff's Office, indicators at the scene made the possibility of a criminal assault, burglary or theft at the home unlikely.
Several containers filled with processed marijuana were located in the home, but the Sheriff's Office says there is no indication of a link between the drugs recovered and Jewett’s disappearance. They say his vehicles were located at his residence and it appeared he likely ventured away from his home on foot.
The Sheriff's Office says Jewett's body was found by Search and Rescue team members in a wooded area near Hotlum Drive and Widow Springs, in the Mt. Shasta Forest Subdivision. An autopsy is scheduled for this week to help investigators determine the cause and manner of death.
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigating Death of Missing Man
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating infant death at campground
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death near Yreka
- Siskiyou Sheriff Calls Suspicious Death a Homicide
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Missing Siskiyou County Woman Found in Weed
- Police Find Body of Missing 'At Risk' Siskiyou County Man
- Search underway for missing man in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou Co. Sheriff's Officer graduates from FBI Academy