Countless newlyweds have chosen Ed Sheeran's ballad, "Thinking Out Loud," to play during their first dance.
Now, the British singer-songwriter gets to decide if he wants it played at his own wedding.
Sheeran, 26, announced Saturday morning that he and his longtime girlfriend, Cherry Seaborn, are engaged.
"Got myself a fianc- just before new year," Sheeran wrote on Instagram. "We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well xx."
Sheeran told People Magazine last year that he's known Seaborn since they were children but they didn't start dating until he invited her to Taylor Swift's Fourth of July party in 2015.
Sheeran's engagement comes after a roller-coaster year. His album "-" ("Divide") was the most popular album on streaming services for 2017, according to Nielsen data.
But many fans didn't love his appearance on the popular TV drama, "Game of Thrones," prompting him to temporarily delete his Twitter account amid the scorn.
- Singer Ed Sheeran is engaged
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46
- Singer Dionne Warwick cancels Paradise show, leaves some fans disappointed
- City of Redding launches innovative citizen engagement program
- Hundreds mourn Mayor Ed Lee at City Hall
- Trump Wants Sessions to Investigate New York Times Op-Ed
- Supporters anticipate audition by Paradise singer on The Voice Tuesday night