PARADISE, Calif. - Fans of Grammy-winning singer Dionne Warwick left the Paradise Performing Arts Center with disappointment after she canceled her show on Thursday.
Warwick was supposed to perform, but audience members say after waiting for the show to begin, Warwick came out on stage with promoter Steve Schuman and said she had to cancel.
Warwick said that her good friend Sammy Davis Jr. once told her that even if you have one person in the audience, you still give it your all, as long as you get paid.
Schuman did not comment on the specifics of what amount of money Warwick was contracted to receive or whether she received payment at all.
Schuman did say that ticket sales were less than expected and that ticket holders would receive a refund.
Warwick is second only to Aretha Franklin as the most charted female vocalist of all time, according to Billboard.
- Singer Dionne Warwick cancels Paradise show, leaves some fans disappointed
- Dionne Warwick Cancels Paradise Performance Due to Payment Issue
- Singer Ed Sheeran is engaged
- Supporters anticipate audition by Paradise singer on The Voice Tuesday night
- First snow survey of 2018 is disappointing
- NRA disappointed in bill signed in Florida
- Encore Paradise! Variety Show is Saturday
- Paradise Couple Stars in New HGTV Show
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46