Redding, Calif -- The testing site at Simpson University opened just a few weeks ago.
Its part of a collaboration with Maryland based company “Prometrics Testing Incorporated” to bring a technology-enabled testing site to Redding.
"The staff is excited about new opportunities to serve Redding in this way," Louis Burkwhat, Simpson University Director of Academic Success.
The organization says they noticed a need for the facility when most of their Shasta County test takers were heading either to Chico or Oregon for exams.
That’s when they reached out to the university to lease a room.
"At Simpson we are a full fledge testing center for Prometric which means we are actually here for the community, not just for our own students," said Burkwhat.
The new test site is located on the third floor of the Owen Student Services Center and can hold up to a dozen people.
With one spot for special accommodations.
But what makes this site unique is that it can administer up to 600 exams.
These exams can range from medical fields , to concrete certifications or even barber licensing.
Which can help current businesses, as well as those opening around town get their certifications faster without having to send their employees hours away.
And it seems to be working.
In the short time since they’ve opened the school has already seen nearly two dozen test takers.
"So far we have had great reviews, " said Burkwhat.
- Simpson University Offers $60,000 in Scholarships for Wildfire Victims
- Simpson University students 'Pause for Paws'
- Dogs for Finals at Simpson University
- Simpson University to Host North State All-Star Basketball Games
- Community Raises Concerns Over Proposed Debris Sorting Site
- This Site's Terms of Service
- Forest Service Restores Illegal Marijuana Grow Sites