The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office said that five people with criminal backgrounds were arrested after a deputy spotted a stolen vehicle near a residence in Shasta Lake City.
According to deputies, this happened about 11 p.m., Friday at the 4000 block of Vallecito St, after a deputy recognized a blue Dodge van parked in the residence.
Deputies said the homeowner, 41-year-old Joshua Raymond Sampley, was known to be on active probation for receiving and possessing stolen property.
While deputies were driving to Sampley’s home to conduct a probation search they recognized Adrian Stephen Lopez, 30, walking from the residence.
Lopez is known to have numerous outstanding warrants for his arrest, and he was later stopped and arrested on those warrants.
When deputies arrived at Sampley’s house they found numerous people inside the residence and discovered various ammunition including:
• .40 caliber
• .22 caliber
Along with the discovery of cartridges, a records check was made on Sampley and he had been described as a convicted felon, making it illegal for him to possess any ammunition.
Sampley was arrested for being a felon in possession of ammunition and violation of probation.
Three other people were also arrested including:
• Matthew Lewis Warmington, 34
• Shawn Lee Harrison
• Angela Glenda Root
Deputies said that Warmington admitted to deputies that he stole the Dodge van and was charged with receiving and possessing stolen property.
Harrison and Root had outstanding warrants for failing to appear in court on their previous charges.
All five people were transported and booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Sight of stolen vehicle tips deputies to arrest 5 people in Shasta Lake City
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- K-9 helps Shasta Lake deputies make early morning arrest
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- 3 arrested for stolen vehicle in Corning
- City of Shasta Lake is Getting More Sidewalks
- Firefighters Responding to House Fire in City of Shasta Lake