UPDATE 3:35 p.m. Saturday, September 8, 2018 - A co-manager of Sierra Hot Springs told Action News Now the fire that caused their evacuation Saturday afternoon has been contained by the United States Forest Service (USFS) and CAL FIRE crews.
SIERRAVILLE, Calif. - A fire is burning near Sierraville, which is causing an evacuation of Sierra Hot Springs.
The springs are located on Campbell Hot Springs Road in Sierra County.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a fire was reported at 1:25 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018. By 1:32 p.m. the CHP was assisting in the evacuation of the hot springs because the fire was burning toward the resort.
- Sierra Hot Springs Safe Now After Wildfire Evacuation
- Berry Creek Fire Safe Council concerned over wildfire evacuation route
- Wildfire evacuations lifted in Siskiyou County
- Sierra View students turn entrepreneurs
- Sierra Nevada 'Resilience' Out Now
- Sierra Central reopens in Paradise
- Flooding Evacuations
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot with a chance for Sierra T-Storms
- Sierra-Oro Farm Trail Set to Reopen
- Rare Sierra Blizzard Warning in Effect