If you’re screaming for ice cream, you’ll now have one more option, and you can squash that craving with some local flavor.
The beloved Shubert's Ice Cream and Candy Store in Chico is opening a second location.
On Friday, the Easter bunny was outside of the store taking pictures and putting some smiles on kids’ faces.
The store has been downtown for 80 years, and the owner said they're bursting at the seams; they regularly have lines out the door and can't get everybody in.
Now there will be a second Shubert’s at the Chico Mall across from the food court and between MetroPCS and the watch shop.
They did a pop-up shop over Christmas to test it out and said it went really well, though originally they were a little torn about going to the mall.
“It's a little bit nerve wracking; we've done one thing really well for 80 years, so stepping out of our box and stepping out of our comfort zone is a little different. It's a new challenge and a new stress, but we're pretty confident; we have a loyal customer base,” said Shubert’s co-owner Kasey Reynolds.
She said on the positive side, when it's 100 degrees outside it will be 80 in the mall, and when it's raining it will be dry in the mall, so there are some definite benefits.
Reynolds said they plan on being able to move in within the next 3 weeks and said they will try it out for a couple of years before making a permanent decision.
- Shubert's Ice Cream & Candy to open second location in Chico
- People Attempting to Use Counterfeit Bills at Chico’s Shubert’s Ice Cream: Police
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- Chico Holidays Together drop-off Saturday at Shuberts
- "Bigot" Written On Chico City Council Candidate Signs, Shubert's Storefront Vandalized
- Chico Mall welcomes new Xfinity location
- Chico Residents React to FEMA Trailer Location
- Golden Valley Bank Opens Location in Redding
- Paradise Ice Rink Opens After Camp Fire
- Best Valentines candy for that special someone