The heavy rain & snow are over, but showers are still possible through Sunday. Snow levels will remain fairly low, and a Winter Storm Warning is is still posted through Sunday morning for the mountains. Much quieter weather arrives next week!
The Pineapple Express has shifted to the south of us, and colder but drier storms are now coming our way. We had a few scattered showers in the Valley on Saturday, and we'll see that again Sunday. Which means, it'll be dry for 5 or 6 hours, then a 20 minute shower will roll through... then it'll be dry again for 4 or 5 hours. So, it shouldn't be much. There is a possiblity of small hail with the afternoon showers and even a snow flake or two especially at the north end of the valley.
Most of our mountains have been seeing snow showers today, except the Sierra Nevada... where it's been a steady snow. Expect the steady snow to continue into Sunday then, finally taper off. Chain controls still exist on most mountain highways.
The sun will return after that for both Monday and Tuesday, along with a breezy north wind. A weak storm will bring us a few showers on Wednesday night, but it won't be much.
- Showers on Sunday Drier Weather for Next Week
- Drier weather ahead!
- Drier weather ahead
- Cooler weather with showers this week!
- Fire Weather Into Sunday, Rain Next Week
- Sunday December 16th Weather
- Showers tapering off, and pleasant weather returning late week
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Cooler, with mountain showers this week
- Some Rain Sunday and Breezy Week Ahead