You're going to want to keep that umbrella handy, and be prepared for more active weather ahead for your Thursday. Scattered showers, lower snow levels, and the potential for more thunderstorms are all possible across Northern California today. Severe thunderstorms brought heavy rain to Shasta County yesterday, and that has prompted a Flash Flood Warning to stay in effect through 7:45am in Central Shasta County. Localized heavy rain from thunderstorms will be a concern again this afternoon. Snow levels are dipping to around 4000' today. Temperatures have dipped into the 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the 20's to 30's in the mountains this morning. Winds will be out of the South to around 20mph, with gusts to around 30mph today. High temperatures are projected to end up cooler than yesterday, so you may want an extra layer if you're heading outside. Valley areas will end up in the mid to high 50's this afternoon, and mountain areas will mostly end up in the 40's. The threat of thunderstorms looks decent for this afternoon, and lower snow will bring bigger mountain travel impacts for the end of your work week.
Most of the valley will dry up tonight, but there is a slight chance for some showers linger in the North end of the valley for your Friday morning commute. Scattered mountain showers will be possible through mid afternoon on Friday, but the majority of Northern California is expected to stay dry. Temperatures will warm back into the mid 60's in the valley on Friday, and that warming trend will continue into your weekend. Mostly sunny skies, and highs in the low 70's are expected in the valley on Saturday. Cloudy skies will return for Sunday, but we'll stay mostly dry through the afternoon. Temperatures will stay in the low to mid 70's in the valley on Sunday. There is a chance for some mountain showers returning to our region on Sunday night. More widespread showers will move back into our area on Monday, and will persist through the middle of next week. Temperatures will stay warmer with this next wet system, and valley areas are expected to end up in the mid 60's from Monday through Wednesday.
- Showers & a chance for more thunderstorms today
- Showers & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Showers and thunderstorms likely today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Cooler with the chance for showers and thunderstorms today
- Lower snow & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Cloudy with a chance for showers today
- More showers and a chance of thunderstorms are ahead for today
- Showers and a chance for thunderstorms ahead for Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today