SAN DIEGO - A woman with an airsoft gun has been arrested on Sunday after San Diego authorities said she fired shots near the annual Rock ‘N’ Roll marathon route, according to NBC affiliate KNSD-TV.
The unidentified woman was taken into custody and a San Diego police officer was hospitalized with what has been described as a self-inflicted wound.
Reports about shots fired came in around 11:20 a.m., the alleged shooter was at the city hall parkade near the route of the marathon.
Thousands of runners participated and the event resumed at 12:15 p.m., according to KNSD-TV.
There were no details on any potential victims.
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- Marine stabbed to death in San Diego
- San Diego seawater temperature hits 102-year high
- Dog Saved From Sinkhole in San Diego
- 20 children injured after stairwell collapses in San Diego
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- One of world's oldest gorillas dies at San Diego Safari Park