UPDATE 4:05 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has released new information regarding a shooting in Oroville on Wednesday morning.
Deputies said when they arrived at the home on Arbol Avenue they found one man dead and another man suffering from a gunshot wound.
They determined that the man was killed after a home-invasion robbery attempt. Deputies said the suspect tried to enter the home from the back and a struggle ensued between the suspect and the two homeowners. A female homeowner grabbed a firearm and fired several shots, striking the suspect and the other male homeowner.
The suspect has been identified as Cody Faunce, 33, of Oroville. The investigation is ongoing, and no arrests have been made at this time.
OROVILLE, Calif.- One person is dead and another is hospitalized in a shooting on Arbol Avenue in the outskirts of Oroville.
Law enforcement officers were called to the home on Arbol Avenue just a few houses down from Olive Highway, around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office confirms one person was shot but did not provide any other details. The sheriff's office has also confirmed there were children in the home at the time. They have been taken out of the home and are safe.
Butte County deputies have closed Arbol Avenue from Olive Highway to Hildale Avenue. When asked if there is the hunt for a suspect underway, the sheriff's office said: “We are investigating.”
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Authorities identify man killed in shooting on Highway 70
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify woman killed in Redding crash
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Authorities identify man killed in crash on Clark Road
- Authorities identify the man killed in a Red Bluff police shooting
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Authorities identified couple killed on motorcycle in Glenn County