Associated Press - Fairfield, CA. - Authorities say a 16-year-old boy was killed and an 18-year-old critically wounded when a gun battle broke out near a Solano County high school.
Two people were arrested following the shooting shortly after 5 p.m. near Fairfield's Armijo High School. Police say they are not seeking any other suspects.
Officers say the shooting took place during what they described as a battle between two groups.
As officers arrived, the two suspects fled, with police saying one of them ran to the high school gym.
Officers quickly arrested the suspect and locked down the school
They said no one on campus was hurt.
Authorities arranged a nearby meeting place for parents to pick up their children while authorities continued to investigate.
- Shooting Near High School in Fairfield leaves one teen dead, another critically injured
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- Brooklyn shooting leaves four dead
- Fairfield Father Charged with Torturing 10 Children
- Updated: Crash Kills Fairfield Man in Nicolaus
- Long Beach workplace shooting leaves 2 dead
- Car-to-car shooting leaves California woman critical
- Peru earthquake leaves one dead and several injured
- Grass Fire is Prompting Evacuations in Fairfield, Paradise Valley
- Officer Involved Shooting Leaves one Dead in Oroville