UPDATE 4:10 p.m. Thursday, August 23, 2018 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office have positively identified the victim in the homicide as Anna Louise Coker, 50, of Shingletown.
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A Shingletown man was arrested on suspicion of killing his girlfriend and burning her body in Lassen National Forest.
On Thursday, August 16th, detectives with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to an area west of Battle Breek Reservoir in Lassen National Forest for a possible homicide associated to a wildland fire.
Detectives found the burnt body of an apparent adult female located in a rock crevice in the same area as the wildland fire.
Due to extensive burns, she has not been positively identified, however, detectives believe they know the decedents identity based upon facts, evidence and statements that they obtained during the investigation.
The detectives have been in contact with family members of the believed decedent. The family members provided Action News Now with a photo of Anna Coker, who they believe is the victim.
On Saturday, August 18, Frank Alexander Berry, 48, of Shingletown, was arrested in connection to the crime as detectives believe he has been in contact with the decedent over the past several weeks in a dating relationship.
Upon contact with Berry, detectives found him wearing a hat, glasses, fake mustache and had colored his eyebrows with a felt marker in an apparent attempt to disguise his identity as he was made aware that detectives were looking for him throughout the day.
Berry was also armed when detectives arrested him.
Stay with KHSL CBS Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for all of the latest updates as they become available.
- Shingletown Man Charged With Girlfriend's Murder
- Shingletown man confesses to 1993 Shasta County murder
- Shingletown man accused of stabbing father
- Jury to decide mental competency in Shingletown murder case
- Dead woman found in Shingletown identified
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Shingletown man arrested after found hiding in crawl space
- Shingletown Man Flips Car at Bechelli Lane and Charged with DUI: Police
- A killer who couldn't live with the guilt, admits to Shingletown murder in 1993
- Female Suspect in 1993 Shingletown Slaying Pleads Not Guilty