Uniformed officers and plain clothes detectives are on the campus of Antelope School in Red Bluff today following a threat posted on Instagram.
That's despite the fact that Tehama County Sheriff's officials say the threat was not credible, and that the campus is safe.
A news release says the threat came Wednesday night from a 12 year old boy, who recorded a screen shot post saying,"I'm going to kill everyone. I'm going to shoot up Antelope".
Deputies responded to the school to sweep the area for anything suspicious, and as the investigation was unfolding ... the parents of the boy contacted the sheriff's office to say their son admitted to creating the post as a hoax.
The boy is a student within the Antelope school district and the family is cooperating with law enforcement.
- Sheriff says Red Bluff school threat not credible
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible
- Red Bluff student arrested in connection with school-shooting threat
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Social media threat against Willows High School deemed not credible
- Deputies find Hamilton City school threat not credible
- Orland High School social media threat not credible, superintendent says
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- National School Threat Reaches Redding