MODOC COUNTY, Calif. – A Modoc County Correctional Officer was arrested for sexually assaulting a child, Modoc County Sherriff’s Office said.
21-year-old Tristin Anthony Compton was arrested on Wednesday night.
Investigators said Compton was suspected of having an inappropriate relationship with a 16-year-old girl.
Compton was questioned on the allegations by detectives. He was then arrested and booked into the Modoc County Jail.
Compton is being held on a $30,000 bail.
The Sheriff’s Office said Compton was immediately placed on paid administrative leave after the outcome of this investigation. However, he resigned from his position first.
He is expected to be arraigned early next week, according to the Modoc County Sheriff’s Office.
- Sheriff: Modoc County Correctional Officer arrested for sexually assaulting a child
- Modoc County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- Modoc County flooding causes multiple road closures
- Modoc County deputies arrest 5 in connection to burglary
- Humboldt County shopping center sexual assault arrest
- Reports of Child Sexual Assaults up in Tehama County
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- Some Horses During Modoc County Round-Up May Face Slaughter
- Flood damage forces road closures in Modoc County
- Modoc County declares state of emergency after storm damage