Photo Gallery 6 Images
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – The Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrested five people after two search warrants revealed several weapons and drugs.
Deputies said 42-year-old Jeremy Justeson was involved in an ongoing dispute with a victim on Jan. 18.
The victim and another individual were driving a vehicle on a public roadway in the Gridley area. Justeson used his truck to purposely ram into the victim’s vehicle twice. The force of the impact from Justeson’s truck pushed the victim’s vehicle through an intersection and off the road, according to deputies.
After this incident, deputies obtained an arrest warrant for Justeson.
Then on Jan. 24, authorities said they served the arrest warrant at Justeson’s home located in the 700 block of Cowee Avenue, Gridley.
At the home, detectives found ammunition, illegal assault weapons, over 80 pounds of marijuana and narcotics paraphernalia. However, detectives said they could not find Justeson at his home.
During the arrest warrant, authorities contacted Shane Benson, 38 of Colusa, Laura Brockway, 49 of Gridley, and Melchor Salgado, 26 of Gridley.
Later that day on Jan. 24, Justeson and a woman identified as 40-year-old April Peterson were found at a home in the 1900 block of Veatch Street in Oroville.
Detectives arrested Justeson and obtained a search warrant for the Veatch Street home. Once they checked the home, meth, identification and other documents for at least 10 victims, ammunition, and an illegal pyrotechnic device were all found inside the home.
- Justeson was arrested for felony assault with a deadly weapon, felony vandalism, possession of assault weapons, possession of a controlled substance, maintaining a residence where narcotics are used/sold and possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
- Petersen was arrested for felony identity theft, committing a felony while released on OR/Bail, possession of an illegal pyrotechnic device, being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition, possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
- Brockway was arrested for being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition.
- Benson was arrested for being in possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
- Salgado was arrested for being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about this investigation to contact Will Brewton at 530-538-7671.