SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. – One man is dead after a shooting in Sutter County, deputies announced in a press release Tuesday.
The Sutter County Sheriff’s Office said they responded to a man who called saying he had just been assaulted and threatened by his friend.
Deputies said the friend was identified as 52-year-old Rhett Michael Gregoroff. Once deputies arrived at the scene, they said Gregoroff had died from a gunshot wound.
The investigation indicated that the shooting was a direct result of the dispute between the man who called in and Gregoroff.
The case is still under investigation and ongoing, according to deputies. Action News Now is working to learn more.
- Sheriff: 1 man shot in Sutter County
- Sutter County Election Results
- Sutter County Sheriff's Office looking for Walgreens robbery suspects
- Sutter County serial killer dies at 85
- Sutter Co. Detectives investigating homicide, victim identified
- Sutter Health, California settle massive antitrust case
- Yuba Co. officials arrest man for Sutter Co. carjacking
- Sutter County Fire Which Burned 1,000+ Acres Nearly Contained
- Motorcyclist arrested following chase, crash in Sutter County
- Crews fully contain West Butte Fire in Sutter County