MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Sheila E. says Justin Timberlake reached out to her after she tweeted that Prince didn't want to be turned into a hologram and says she wants the public to know that there won't be one used during Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show.
TMZ reported Saturday that Timberlake was set to use a hologram of Prince during his halftime know performance Sunday.
But Sheila E. says in an interview The Associated Press that Prince told her he didn't want to be turned into a hologram for religious reasons.
Timberlake said he looked up to Prince and admired him during a press conference days ago in Minnesota.
Hologram of A-list celebrities have appeared in recent years, from Tupac Shakur to Roy Orbison, whose hologram is set to go on a tour.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sheila E: Timberlake won't use Prince hologram at Super Bowl
- Timberlake rules out 'N Sync reunion at Super Bowl show
- A super amount of food for Super Bowl Sunday
- Score big Super Bowl TV deals
- Local restaurants gear up for Super Bowl
- Super Bowl selfie kid speaks out
- DUI Rates Spike on Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Bowl Fever: It’s Good for the Brain
- NFL and Law Enforcement Outline Super Bowl Public Safety Plans
- Redding Boy Who Honors Veterans Invited to Super Bowl