REDDING, Calif. - A Shasta County family is filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the Redding police.
The mother of Donnell Lang, Diane said her son was unarmed when he was walking in a Redding neighborhood on April 2, 2019.
Police said someone called 911 saying Lang had a small handgun in his waistband and was watching children on Hemingway Street.
Sheriff investigators said after police shot and killed Lang, they discovered he was not armed.
Lang's mother will be holding a press conference on the lawsuit on Thursday, Nov. 21 at the Sheraton Hotel in Redding at 11 a.m.
Action News Now will update you as new developments come out.
- Shasta County family files wrongful death lawsuit against Redding PD
- Family of Stephon Clark Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Family files wrongful death suit against Butte County Sheriff's Office
- District Attorney Files Lawsuit Against Redding Hotel
- Shasta County DA files additional criminal charges against Redding doctor
- City of Chico Settles 2013 Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Lawyers File Lawsuit Against PG&E
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Shasta County Families Back the Blue