REDDING, Calif. - Shasta Union Elementary School opened its doors to students Monday for the first time since the Carr Fire.
For the last 7 months, students and teachers have been studying at the Igo-Ono Elementary School.
However, Monday morning everyone was able to reconnect on the Shasta Union Elementary campus to share some breakfast and reconnect with friends.
Teachers say despite not being able to play on the new play structure, it's great to be back on their home campus.
- Shasta Union Elementary reopens after Carr Fire
- Shasta Dam Visitor Center Reopen After Carr Fire
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- School Damaged by Carr Fire Close to Reopening
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts
- Old Shasta Firefighter Loses Home to Carr Fire
- Shasta Regional Medical Center Doctor Loses Home in Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Burn Operation Causes Visible Smoke Around Shasta Lake