SHASTA LAKE Calif. - Preparations are underway at Shasta lake for what is considered “the kick off of boating season” this weekend for memorial day.
Wet and windy weather has kept boats in their docks and the lake quiet this week. The hope is that as many people as possible come out to enjoy the weekend.
According to Bridge Bay staff, this weekend is one of the biggest and most important to them to kick start a good Summer Season.
“the goal is to basically get as many people down here as possible” Lance Shaffer said, “we need the business it’s one of our biggest weekends ever memorial day.”
As long as the weather holds up the weekend is shaping up to be a successful one, but the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Boating Safety Unit is also hoping it will be a safe one.
reminded everyone to “make sure you’re paying attention… you're maintaining a proper lookout… trying to maintain a sober driver” Sargent Rob Sandbloom of the Shasta County Sheriff’s office said “check life jackets… throwables… fire extinguishers just to make sure.”
So even though the weather early in the week may not be cooperating the weekend looks ready for hundreds to enjoy their time on Shasta Lake.
- Shasta Lake gets ready for Memorial Day weekend
- Shasta Lake busy despite wet start to Memorial Day Weekend
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Body located in Shasta Lake after three day search
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured