CHICO, Calif. - The 25th Annual Shasta Lake Veteran's Parade is expected to have about 100 entries this year, and draw in as many as 5,000 people.
Organizers say it's the biggest Veteran's Parade north of Fresno.
The theme this year is "Home of the Free, Because of the Brave," and the Grand Marshal is Corporal Frank Rose, 3rd Army Rifle Recon.
The Parade starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10 at Highway 151 at Shasta Dam Boulevard in Shasta Lake.
The day kicks off with a Pancake Breakfast hosted by the Shasta Lake firefighter's Association.
It takes place from 6 - 10 a.m. at the Shasta Lake Fire Protection District main Fire Hall located at 4126 Ashby Court.
There will also be a Luncheon afterward hosted by American Legion Post 720 at their hall at 4309 Vallecito, in Shasta Lake.
There is no entree fee for the Parade, though donations are always welcome.
You can get an entry form and more information at the Chamber of Commerce website HERE.
- Shasta Lake Veteran's Parade Nov. 10
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Veterans Day Parade in Corning
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- I-5 reopened following collision in Shasta Lake
- Shasta County Senior & Veteran Fraud Prevention Fair