Residents in Shasta County need to be aware of a deputy phone scam.
The callers identify themselves as Shasta County Deputy Sheriffs, and can be intimidating.
They may tell you that you have a police matter or similar phrasing, and that you need to pay money to the IRS.
Law enforcement officials do not call people and demand that fines are paid.
Do not provide any credit or debit card information.
- Shasta County warning residents about a deputy phone scam
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam
- Yuba City Police warning residents of phone scam
- Redding Police warn city about phone scams
- Local woman warns residents of phone scam claiming to be IRS
- Video: Shasta County Deputy Punches Party-Goer
- Butte County District Attorney Issues Scam Warning
- Shasta County warns residents to stay safe in the cold weather
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake