Residents in Shasta County need to be aware of a deputy phone scam.
The callers identify themselves as Shasta County Deputy Sheriffs, and can be intimidating.
They may tell you that you have a police matter or similar phrasing, and that you need to pay money to the IRS.
Law enforcement officials do not call people and demand that fines are paid.
Do not provide any credit or debit card information.
- Shasta County warning residents about a deputy phone scam
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam
- Shasta Co. Sheriff's Office warns about new phone scam
- Yuba City Police warning residents of phone scam
- Redding Police warn city about phone scams
- Plumas County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Butte County Sheriff's Office warns of new phone scam
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Local woman warns residents of phone scam claiming to be IRS