Health and Human Services of Shasta County is holding a forum to discuss how addressing Adverse Childhood Experiences can improve Shasta County’s health.
The forum will be Tuesday December 5th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Redding First United Methodist Church, 1825 East Street.
The event will provide a foundational knowledge of adverse childhood experiences, which research indicates increase a person’s risk of developing mental health challenges and chronic physical health later in life.
Local advocates will discuss the resiliency they developed after experiencing childhood trauma as well as HHSA experts who have been providing trauma informed care or adverse childhood experiences training.
- Shasta County is educating the public on mental health
- Shasta County Creates New Mental Health Facility
- Shasta County Debuts Mobile Mental Health Service
- PUBLIC HEALTH: No E. coli outbreak in Shasta County
- Progress and future plans for Mental Health Services Act in Shasta County
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam
- Shasta County District Attorney warns public about fake contractors
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost