SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Shasta County is putting together several events to commemorate those impacted by the Carr Fire and to recognize the impact on the community.
See below for a list of events.
When: Friday, July 26, from 7 - 9:30 p.m.
Where: The Sundial Bridge
Remembering Jeremy Stoke
The Redding Fire Department will be honoring our fallen brother, Fire Inspector Jeremy Stoke. The event will be a remembrance ceremony for Jeremy and the dedication of the future site of a Redding Fire Department memorial.
When: Friday, July 26 at 8:30 a.m.
Where: Redding Fire Station 8 (131 Churn Creek Road, Redding)
Groundbreaking for first home rebuild
The NorCal Community Recovery Team is excited to announce the groundbreaking for their first home rebuild for an underinsured Carr Fire survivor. A small ceremony will be held to commemorate the achievement.
When: Friday, July 26, at 9 a.m.
Where: 15270 Whispering Pines Dr., Old Shasta.
Old Shasta and Keswick Gathering
The community invites everyone and anyone to share stories and visit with neighbors in the Old Shasta and Keswick areas. There will be live music, and food and drinks will be provided as supplies last.
When: Sunday, July 28 at 11 a.m.
Where: Old School in Shasta (10707 French Ally)
Plugging in and Powering Up
As Carr Fire community recovery continues, the community asks people join together for a free, family-friendly gathering of community resources, support and activities for fire survivors.
When: Saturday, July 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Redding City Hall community room
- Shasta County events commemorating those impacted by Carr Fire
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Man writes song commemorating resilience after the Carr Fire
- Camp Fire commemoration in Paradise
- Shasta Union Elementary reopens after Carr Fire
- Winter Storm Impact on Carr Fire Areas
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts
- Carr Fire Brings Contracting Scammers to Shasta County