Redding – Due to the calming of winds, expected precipitation, and general improvement in predicted fire weather conditions, the temporary burning suspension is rescinded, effective December 19, 2017. Residents living within State Responsibility Area in all elevations of Shasta and Eastern Trinity counties may resume burning on permissible burn days.
Residents will still need to check the burn day status by calling their local air quality management district. In Shasta County, call (530) 224-8777 or (800) 411-8728 for burn day information. Trinity County burn day information is available at (866) 287-6329.
A temporary burning suspension may return if an unfavorable weather pattern causing significant fire danger returns.
- Shasta County debris burning suspension rescinded
- Cal Fire Shasta County burn permit suspension lifted
- Debris burning suspended in Shasta and eastern Trinity Counties
- Boil Water Advisory for Sugarloaf in Shasta County Rescinded
- Boil Water Advisory For Castella Area of Shasta County Rescinded
- Debris removal cleanup after Shasta County snowstorm
- Cal Fire Lifts Burn Suspension in Butte County
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Shasta County Now Offering Burn Permits Online
- Trinity County Supervisor: Evacuation warning rescinded for Weaverville