SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - More counties are able to reopen further after being told to stay at home in mid-March. Shasta County has joined that list.
Health officials announced on June 4 for more businesses and industries to reopen, with some modifications.
These businesses are the following:
- Campgrounds, RV parks and outdoor recreation
- Cardrooms, satellite wagering facilities and racetracks
- Family entertainment centers (like batting cages, bowling alleys and miniature golf)
- Bars and wineries
- Fitness facilities
- Museums, galleries, zoos and aquariums (including Turtle Bay)
- Pools associated with gyms, hotels and campgrounds
California recommends those listed above have a plan ready by June 12, but if one of these businesses already has a plan, has trained their staff and is ready to implement that plan, Shasta County Health Officer Karen Ramstrom has given permission to reopen.
Earlier in the day, Governor Gavin Newsom also announced the statewide reopening of schools, childcare, professional sports and more.