SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A Shasta County woman has pleaded guilty to a fatal head-on crash on the I5 in January.
Prosecutors say that Grace Elizabeth Ward, 28, of Shasta County, was trying to kill herself by intentionally driving the wrong way on the freeway in Tehama County. She crashed into a car driven by Ryan Folsom, 29, of Oregon, who was on his way to Sacramento for a job interview.
Folsom died as a result of the crash, and is survived by his wife and three children.
Prosecutors say that Ward is expected to serve a life sentence in prison for second degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Shasta County Woman Pleads Guilty to Fatal Head-On Crash
- Shasta County Woman Pleads not Guilty in Illegal Botox Case
- 3 Killed in Fatal Mount Shasta Head-on Crash
- Gridley Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Fatal Hit and Run
- Fatal Head-On Crash North of Marysville
- Oroville woman charged in fatal crash
- Woman Identified in Fatal Crash in Redding
- Man accused of killing Shasta County gas station clerk pleads guilty, apologizes to victim's family
- Woman Pleads to Deadly DUI Crash
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized