WASHINGTON - Local leaders from California, Hawaii and Alaska gathered in Washington, DC on Tuesday for the White House State Leadership Conference.
At the beginning of the conference, Les Baugh of the Shasta County Board of Supervisors thanked President Trump for the federal aid that the area received for Carr Fire relief.
Other topics discussed in the meeting included immigration, border security and the opioid crisis. President Trump praised many county officials for their partnership with the federal government on these issues.
Additionally, the President blamed California for failing to prevent its own wildfires and for the money that it is costing the government.
A full account of President Trump's remarks is in the video.
- Shasta County Supervisor Thanks President Trump for Carr Fire Assistance
- Shasta County Board of Supervisors Provides Rebuilding Relief for Carr Fire Victims
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Shasta Union Elementary reopens after Carr Fire
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Brings Contracting Scammers to Shasta County
- Shasta County Arts Council raises money for Carr Fire mural
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts
- Effects from Carr Fire Felt in Shasta County