ANDERSON, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says they arrested a man suspected of murdering his wife in Anderson.
Deputies say they first received a call from a friend of 63-year-old Kenneth Karl Vorreiter Jr. The caller said he was concerned that Vorreiter was suicidal. The deputies went to his home on Pine Street at around 5 p.m. Tuesday for a welfare check.
There, Vorreiter reportedly told deputies he assaulted his wife earlier that day and she was possibly dead inside the home. When the deputies went inside, they found her body. She was pronounced dead on the scene. Detectives were called and took over the investigation. They interviewed Vorreiter, then continued working throughout the night to find evidence.
Vorreiter was booked into Shasta County Jail for murder. He will be in court on Friday, Nov. 9, at 1:30 p.m.
The Major Crimes Unit is urging anyone that has information about this homicide to contact the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Major Crimes Unit at (530) 245-6135.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Man Suspected of Murdering Wife
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Suspect in Officer-Involved Shooting off I-5
- Shasta County Sheriff’s searching for Bella Vista burglary suspects
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Finds Body in Burney Falls
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Shingletown man confesses to 1993 Shasta County murder