REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office donated a robot to the Shasta High School District Robotics Program.
The robot was purchased for the Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad in 2005 and had been in service for many years. The robot is now too old for their bomb squad to use.
The Sheriff's Office gave the robotics team the gift Monday during a presentation.
At the end of their presentation, the Bomb Squad presented Mr. Grigsby, who oversees the program, and his students with the robot for the purpose of furthering the students' education and growing their young minds.
- Shasta County Sheriff's donate bomb squad robot to local school district
- Butte County Bomb Squad teaches elementary school students
- Bomb squad responds to suspicious substance
- Bomb squad called to Chico Library
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Local companies make donation to Shasta County K-9 officers
- Power Outage Closes School District in Shasta County
- Sheriff Declares Local Emergency from Shasta County Fires
- Butte County Bomb Squad Responds to Suspicious Device, Roads Reopened in Chico
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured